ZeroRPM – Idle Mitigation System
ZeroRPM® Idle Mitigation System® (IMS) eliminate the unnecessary idling with hands-free control: once the vehicle is in park, the IMS® automatically shuts down the engine and provides all required power. Patented ZeroRPM technology enables full use of the factory HVAC controls, providing comfortable use of the vehicle without the waste associated with engine idling. For extended times of stationary use of the vehicle, the IMS automatically manages the engine start/stop to recharge the batteries as needed. When it is time to drive, a brake press starts the engine, readying the vehicle for use as transportation. Once in park again, the IMS takes care of the rest, allowing the operator to focus on their duties without the distractions associated with manual idle reduction systems.
Improve Operator Comfort and Safety
The IMS provides full use of all HVAC and electrical components without the fumes and noise from an idling engine. The system’s automatic delivery of head, air conditioning, and power for equipment in park (as if the engine were running while the engine is off) means few distractions. A focused operator is a safe and happy operator.
Protect the Environment
A gallon of gasoline and a falloff of diesel fuel produce 19.5 lbs. and 22 lbs. of CO2, respectively, along with 18 grams of NOx for heavy-duty vehicles. This translates to more than 12 tons of harmful emission per vehicle per year, which means that a fleet of 100 vehicles could product more than 25 million lbs. of CO2 and other harmful emissions over their lives.
Reduce Fuel Consumption
Diesel engines consume 0.9 – 1.2 gallons of fuel during every hour of idling. When an engine’s RPM gauge is at zero RPM it consumes 0.0 gallons of fuel per hour, resulting in a typical payback from fuel savings ranging from two to four years.
Reduce Operating Costs
Every hour an engine idle is estimated to create the same wear and tear as 33 miles of driving. Many fleets reduce the payback period by 1/3 or more when the maintenance cost reduction and asset life extension are factored into the payback calculation. DPF regenerations are often cut in half and manual regenerations are usually eliminated.
- Power to Onboard Electronics: Provides power to all electronics (e.g. radio, lights, and computers) without running the chassis engine.
- Engine-off HVAC: Provides heating and cooling through the factory vents without running the chassis engine.
- ZeroKey™: Allows secure use of HVAC and onboard electronics without the use of the chassis ignition key.
- Automatic Recharging: Batteries charge natively off a 12V alternator. Solar and shore power are optional.
- ZeroIDLE™: Prevents the IM from automatically starting the engine in “no-idle” zones. The operator can be notified by an optional buzzer, backup alarm, or voice annunciator.
- Widespread Chassis Compatibility: Compatible with light-, medium-, and heavy-duty chassis from all major manufacturers.
- Compact Form Factor: Compact and lightweight, IMS with battery-powered A/C systems typically add less than 200 lbs in most applications. Heat only IMS adds less than 30 lbs. once installed.
- Lithium-iron Batteries: Powered by safe lithium-iron batteries with a 5-year warranty.
- Stackable Solutions: 12, 24, 36, 48VDC all available on common IMS platforms with 12VDC shore power charging.
- Universal Software: All platforms driven by the same core software with a standardized user interface